Hello, I'm Arfon Smith.
I'm a scientist working at GitHub, the world's largest host of software on the planet.
A lapsed academic with a passion for new models of scientific collaboration, I've used big telescopes to study dust in space, built sequencing pipelines in Cambridge and have engaged millions of people in online citizen science by co-founding the Zooniverse.
I've been known to publish the odd paper and have also accidentally built a couple of academic journals in my time too...
If you need to contact me then hit me up on
or find me on Twitter & GitHub.
Recently from the internets
- @KyleCranmer that's a pretty great week. Thanks in advance for participating in the part I'll see you for :-) »
- Yo @the_zooniverse your homepage needs updating with all of these new projects! https://t.co/BakrT0j6mC »
- @wilbanks personally that would be a big win. I'm keen to try one out. »
- Regarding data reduction pipelines for shared instruments: why wouldn't you want your users improving your tools for you? #openscience »
- @wilbanks Just wait until Angry Birds comes out for Apple Watch. »